Safety signs are commonly used to inform people. Depending on the type of signage or the location, the signage may include a variety of relevant information. You can find signs for:
– Indicate firefighting equipment, fire extinguishers, hoses, etc.
– Indicate the location of emergency equipment, defibrillators, first aid kit.
– Indicate the rules to be observed for the safety of the building.
– Indicate the potential dangers of fatal injury.
– Indicate warnings of severe injury.
– Indicate the location of service areas, toilets, locker room…
Formats and shapes may vary depending on the location and configuration of the building. For example, if you wish to indicate the location of a fire extinguisher in a narrow corridor, an “L” shaped sign is required.
– For general locations, a self-adhesive or styrene sign in a standard shape is suggested.
– The “L” sign is suggested for corridors.
– The “V” shaped poster is suggested for a large rectangle or square spaces.
For posters and other safety products, visit sylprotec.com.
These posters and others are available at Sylprotec. You can buy them online or at their store in Saint-Leonard. You’ll also find a wide selection of safety equipment, fire protection materials and more.
Sylvain Patrice f.p.t.
By the same author:
Presentation of the Polyflex® interior fire hose model from Mercedes Textiles Ltd.
Presentation of TRYME® hose manufactured by Mercedes Textiles Ltd.
Where should I install my portable fire extinguisher in my building?
The rules regarding the height at which your portable fire extinguishers must be attached.
How many fire extinguishers do I need to install and what size extinguisher should I choose?
Steps for performing an inspection on portable fire extinguishers.
Emergency lighting the principles of operation.
Signage in an industrial environment.